The advent of a new year fills us with amazing exuberance. Rave parties, fun, greetings, and happiness surround us all. The beginning of a year is a fresh canvas on which we can fill different paints of our choice. We never want to miss a chance to spend time with our family to celebrate the start of the new year. As long as our gaze goes, we see people busy planning fun-filled and amazing vacations with their family members.
There is no dearth of places to visit in a country like India. Whether you look for a tranquil vacation staring at a beach enjoying pals with your family or want to kickstart a new year amidst monuments, Indian tourist places will never leave you dejected.
Do you feel like following travel influencers on Instagram, or do you want to take the advice of travel bloggers but can’t find time? Well, let’s end this chaos on your part because we have prepared a bucket list of the Best Places to Visit in January, which will act as an exhaustive guide for a memorable vacation. Ready to immerse yourself in the beauty of the most beloved places? Read the full write-up!
Take a Look at the List of the Best Places to Visit in January
Diu is nestled on the Gulf of Arabian Sea, with scenic beauty, pristine beaches, and crystal-clear blue water. This city is a witness to a colorful and vibrant culture. This place tempts tourists because of its marvelous sightseeing monuments, wonderful beaches, best seafood, and art. Tourists from all over the world land in the tenth-least-populated city of India, and explore this city’s mesmerizing attractions and scintillating beauty. Tourists in Diu feel moved by a beautiful blend of Portuguese and Indian cultures.
Plan a laid-back holiday trip with your family and friends, laze around Nagoa Beach, or bask in the sun’s beauty at Ghaghola Beach. Enjoy an exuberant vacation with your kids by visiting Dinosaur Park. Shopping in this place is a luxury, as you will get everything from enriched dry fruits to cheap liquors, from colorful bangles to cheap electronic gadgets. The quality shopping and inexpensive rates will calm your cravings as a shopaholic, and your experience here can help you ditch the expensive malls of metropolitan cities. Arm your bucket list with Diu as the best place to visit in January.
- Places to Visit in Diu: Naida Caves, Diu Fort, Nagoa Beach, Dinosaur Park, Gangeshwar Mahadev Temple, Ghoghla Beach, INS Khukhri Memorial, INS Khukri Memorial, Sunset Point, Sea Shell Museum.
- Things to Do in Diu: Climb up at the lighthouse, and hear the sound of wavest at the sea shore. Plan for skiing activities.
- Where to Stay: Rainbow Resort, Radhika Beach Resort, Krishna Beach Resort, Hotel Samrat, Azzaro Resort, and Spa.
- How to Reach: The best option is via flights and trains. Avoid buses for long travel. Due to it not having its own railway station, the nearest railway station is Verval from Diu.
- Ideal Duration to Stay: 3 to 4 days for a relaxing stay
When you enter Mamallapuram in January, you will get a glimpse of its wonderful natural beauty and vibrant culture. Different sightseeing locations will boost your interest in visiting this place, and the golden time spent here will always remain fresh in your memories.
The dance festival will make you aware of the deep-rooted culture, and watching this festival is a treat to your eyes if you are an art connoisseur. Mamallapuram, known as Mahabalipuram, will give wings to your deep-rooted religious beliefs in Hindu Mythology. You will love to soak in the beauty of Shore Temple, located by the side of the sea. Leaving your footprints on the golden sand of scintillating beaches will leave you spellbound.
Visiting Mammalapuram is always captivating for every would-be traveler as its monuments and historical buildings are included in UNESCO Heritage Sites. Located just 58 km from Chennai, visiting this place is one of the best travel experiences you have ever had. Come out of your thoughts and include it in your bucket list of the best places to visit in January.
- Places to Visit in Mamallapuram: Krishna’s Butter Ball, Tiger Caves, Crocodile Bank, Five Rathas, Arjuna’s Penance, Krishna Cave Temple.
- Things to Do in Mamallapuram: Sightseeing, Visiting temples, & enjoying natural scenic atmosphere.
- Where to Stay: PMR Grandays Town Hill, Hotel Picnic Manjeri, Karibu Residency, Dreams Residency.
- How to Reach: By flight, or train. Avoid taking bus from far off areas.
- Ideal Duration to Stay: 2 days.
3) Andaman & Nicobar
If we say Andaman & Nicobar is a traveler’s paradise, we are not committing any folly. The attractions of this place include fascinating weather, beautiful and clean seashores, blue water, and sparkling beauty. All this will add a memorable experience to your travel history.
Andaman and Nicobar is a heaven for lovers, a perfect spot for a honeymoon, and an ideal spot for fun-loving family holidays.
Once you land here, your eyes will fall in love with the scenic beauty of this place. Include Andaman and Nicobar in your list of the best places to visit in January. No one can beat the am taste of the seafood cuisine you get here. Sitting at the tranquil seashore for hours will fill your soul with happiness. If you love to roam around in peace and tranquility, pack your bags for Andaman and Nicobar.
- Places to Visit in Andaman & Nicobar: Elephant Beach, Radha Nagar Beach, Neil Island, Havelock Island, Cellular Jail, Laxmanpur Beach, Bharatpur Beach.
- Things to Do in Andaman & Nicobar: Scuba diving, Sightseeing, Water sports & sit calm and composed at sea shores.
- How to Reach: By flight. You can’t expect to reach Andaman either by bus or by train. Book your flights in advance.
- Where to Stay: You can find luxury resorts here Silver Sand Beach Resort, Sea Shell Resort & Spa, Taj Exotica Resort & Spa.
- Ideal Duration to Stay: 3-5 days for the best experience.
Sirpur, one of the small villages of Chhattisgarh, carries a lot of historical importance. Sirpur’s serene ambiance and historical monuments will lure your heart away. As soon as you put your footprints on the land of Sirpur, you will feel amazed by the scenic beauty and blessings of nature.
Located on the banks of Mahanadi, this nonchalant tourist destination holds the credit of owning multiple historical monuments. This place has a rich cultural heritage. Plan to visit this place in January, you will get a glimpse of the National Dance and music festival.
Attending this festival will give you a glimpse of the art and culture of Sirpur. Embark on the land of Sirpur in January and enjoy exciting events and activities. You will get an enthralling experience amidst a mild cool atmosphere. Sirpur, alternatively known as “The City of Wealth” will fill your travel memories with exciting hues and unforgettable memories.
- Places to Visit in Sirpur: Laxman Temple, Surang Tila, Ram Temple, ASI Mueseum.
- Things to Do in Sirpur: Sight seeing, exploring temples, Museum watching.
- How to Reach: Rail, Flight, and Bus.
- Ideal Duration to Stay: 2 days
As soon as we utter the name Puri, images of the Jagannath temple start reflecting in our unconscious mind. In January, you cannot club the courage of overlooking Puri outside your list of travel. The reason is quite simple, it is one of the mind-blogging places bestowed with natural scenic beauty and a slew of attractions to visit. If you are an ardent traveler and nature lover, you can’t miss breathtaking attractions like Chilka Lake.
This enthralling place has fancied travelers with treasures and sightseeing. You can drown amidst the religious bounties and temples and feel the magic of God’s blessings. These temples are also known for their surreal architecture. If lakes, monuments, and temples fascinate you the most, you can’t leave the treasures of this place untapped. Start packing your bags for one of the best places to visit in January. As per mythological beliefs, if you are in the quest for salvation, you must visit Puri once in a lifetime.
- Places to Visit in Puri: Golden Beach, Puri Beach, Jaggannath Temple, Konark Beach, Wonderworld water park, Chilka lake
- Things to Do in Puri: Sightseeing, Water sporting activities, Exploring temples, and museums.
- How to Reach: Ideal way to reach is by trains or by flights. Taxi, and Buses are also available, but keep their use to the minimum.
- Ideal Duration to Stay: 3-4 days
Kolkata, the “City of Joy,” has much to offer when it comes to travel. You will love the hustle and bustle of the city, and will never get bored of amazing markets here. If you are a person who loves to embrace happiness with both arms wide open, Kolkata is a city, you can’t think of leaving even once in your thoughts. If you are a person who has deep-rooted religious beliefs, or else, wants to deep dive into literature, this city has a lot to pacify your taste. Kolkata has a diversity of iconic places to visit, from Howrah Bridge to the Victoria Memorial, from Babu Ghat to Dakshineshwar Temple.
Kolkata, the “City of Joy,” has much to offer as a travel destination. You will love the hustle and bustle of the city and will never get bored of the crowded markets here. If you are a person who loves to embrace happiness with both arms wide open, Kolkata is a city you can’t think of leaving even once in your thoughts. If you are a person, who has deep-rooted religious beliefs or else, wants to deep-dive into literature, this city has a lot to soothe your taste. Kolkata has a list of iconic places, from Howrah Bridge to the Victoria Memorial, from Babu Ghat to Dakshineshwar Temple.
Once you visit this place, we bet you can’t overlook the feast of Rasgullas, and other Bengali sweet delicacies like Sandesh Mishti, Mishti Dahi, and Kala Jamun. These delicacies will tempt every sweet tooth. Eating these sweets will fill your stomach but can never satisfy your cravings for something delicious.
If you are a cricket aficionado, you can’t get your eyes off Eden Garden, the first love of the Prince of Kolkata, Saurav Ganguli. If visiting Kolkata even comes across your thoughts in January, put a green flag on your thoughts and happily embrace Kolkata as one of the best places to Visit in January.
- Places to Visit in Kolkata: Howrah Bridge, Victoria Memorial, Park Street St. Cathedral Church, Fort Williams. Hooghly River Ghat.
- Things to Do in Kolkata: Offer prayers to the Goddess Durga, Consume Kolkata Delicacies, Visit Ghats, Cross Howrah Bridge, Visit Stadium, and museums.
- How to Reach: Superfast Trains like Rajdhani Express, Flights
- Where to Stay: If you love lavish hotels, you can try Hyatt Regency, Obroy Grand Hotel, Taj Bengal Hotel. You can find a variety of hotels catering to the budget of the middle class.
- Ideal Duration to Stay: 2-3 days
Visiting Meghalaya once in a lifetime is a dream of every tourist. Mawasynram, located near Shillong, a sightseeing location, also pictures the dream of every fancy traveler. Mawsynram has trounced Chirapunji and is known as the wettest Destination. The captivating beauty of this place will leave you mesmerized especially when you love natural beauty at its best. If you are the one who can stand in front of mighty waterfalls, and lush-green sights, this is a must-visit place for you.
This picturesque village will take you close to the rustic life. Amidst the lush-green atmosphere, the sight of the rainy days will often leave you spellbound. Visiting this place will give you so much enriching experience that you will feel a paradise on earth.
If you plan to include this place in the list of the best places to visit in January, you will feel proud of your decision. Do visit this place if you are a fan of adventurous activities. If you love to enjoy trekking, along with staying in cottages, then you can’t say no to this mesmerizing place.
- Places to Visit in Mawsynram: Lum Symper Peak and Caves, Khreng Khreng Waterfall, Umkhakoi Lake, Nohalikali Falls, Mawsmai Falls, Split rock, Krem Puri, Mawjymbuin caves.
- Things to Do in Mawsynram: Trekking, boating, a leisurely stroll, Nature Camping.
- How to Reach: Reaching Mawsynram by air or by road is the best option. Mawsynram does not have its own airport, Shillong airport is the nearest airport.
- Ideal Duration to Stay: 3-4 days
- Where to Stay: SAN NAELLA Resort, Goshen Homestay, Polo Orchid Resort Chirapunji, D-Cloud Guesthouse.
Nainital, known as the city of Lakes, is one of the most appealing destinations. If you want to visit a place surrounded by mountains and lush-green sites, Nainital should be your go-to destination. Nestled in the Himalayan lake town, this destination will leave you amazing and spellbound. The lush-green sprawling areas and pristine water of the lakes are some of the attractions that add to the beauty of this charming destination. What to say more, this wonderful place has remains of the colonial era. This place is known for its mall road enriches visitors with a great shopping experience.
Apart from the hustle and bustle in the streets, this place will let you immerse in the breathtaking taste of Kumayun cuisine. This hill station is blessed with a lot of attractions to visit that you can’t afford to miss as a traveler. If you are a connoisseur of miraculous mountains, charming weather, snowfall, and a captivating sightseeing experience, visit this place in the first month of January.
Apart from giving an exuberance traveling experience, this place is home to many famous personalities born here. If you love places with adventure and spiritual heritage, mark this place as the best place to visit in January.
- Places to Visit in Nainital: Tiffin Top, Naina Devi Mandir, Mall Road, Snow View, Mukteshwar Temple, Kainchi Dham, Eco cave Gardens, Bhimtal Lake.
- Things to Do in Nainital: Boating, sight seeing from Tiffin top, view endangered wildlife at Nainital Zoo.
- How to Reach: Bus, Railways, and by airways. Pantnagar is the nearest airport.
- Ideal Duration to Stay: 3 days
- Ideal Time to Visit: The Pavillion, Hotel Lake Inn, Lake Side Inn Nainital.
This January, why not start a fresh year in the vicinity of Khajuraho, presenting UNESCO World’s heritage sites to the owner of tourists? A wonderful place in Madhya Pradesh makes you feel amazing by the impressive and marvelous iconic cultural heritage sites and archeological monuments.
This off-beat travel destination gives you an amazing chance to feel the exuberance of chilly weather. Pack your bags and head over to this wonderful destination, and once you reach there, you will feel a gush of adrenaline rush. So, what are you waiting for? Pull your sleeves up and enjoy landing at a place that will excite your senses. Apart from this, different Jain temples and Hindu temples will give a boost to the feelings of spiritualism inside your heart.
For a spiritual retreat, this wonderful place can be termed a hub of temples. When it comes to enjoying delectable cuisine, there is no match for the street food of Khajuraho. What else anyone can desire when visiting a travel destination? Excitement, adventure, sightseeing, spiritualism, and lip-smacking street food are all synonymous with Khajuraho.
- Places to Visit in Khajuraho: Laxman Temple, Dulhadev Temple, Jain Museum, Panna National Park, Raneh Waterfalls, Chitragupta Temple.
- Things to Do in Khajuraho: Take blessings from God, Enjoying waterfalls, sightseeing.
- How to Reach: By air, By Road.
- Ideal Duration to Stay: 2 days
- Where to Stay: Bundela Resort Khajuraho, Hotel Casa-Di-William, Hotel Da Bundela.
Located at 2650 above sea level, Gulmarg is quite a famous attraction in Jammu and Kashmir. Spread amidst the flowers, this place is widely known as the “Valley of Flowers.” If you are curious to retreat your eyes with the most appealing and fascinating scenic views, Gulmarg should be the next visiting spot for you.
The most charming destination calls visitors to see its enthralling beauty and take advantage of numerous adventurous activities. Widely famous for its skiing activities, it is an extremely appealing destination for visitors. If you love mountains clad with snow and can’t behold the charm of snow, Gulmerg is awaiting your presence as the top-most destination to visit in January.
- Places to Visit in Gulmerg: Drung Waterfall, Apharwat Peak, Alpather Lake, Gulmerg Gondola, Outer Circle Walk, Rani Templle, Apharwat Peak, Gulmerg Biosphere Reserve.
- Things to Do in Gulmerg: Skiing, Trekking, Bird-Watching, Temple Visit, and Photography.
- How to Reach: By air, By Rail, and By Road
- Where to Stay: The Vintage Gulmerg, Grand Mumtaz Resorts, Hotel Hilltop, Hotel Pinespring, Gulmerg.
- Ideal Duration to Stay: 2 Days
11) Jim Corbette
If you love natural scenic beauty and thank nature mothers for their blessings, we bet Jim Corbett is the ultimate destination for you. If you love wildlife creatures, flora, and fauna, you would not like to miss Jim Corbett National Park. A wonderful natural park known for preserving the highest number of tigers immediately draws any tourist’s attention.
Once known as Hailey National Park, this national park is home to various engaging activities for any tourist. For Instance, if you want to lay in the lap of nature, or want to enjoy an elephant safari, or want to see tigers, what can be the best choice than visiting Jim Corbett? If you love icy, chilly, or freezing temperatures, plan this trip in the first month of the year.
Famous for its sprawling landscapes and diverse wildlife attractions, this park is the best choice for every tourist. This national park is a safe home for endangered species of “ Bengal Tigers in India.” Infused with such rich diversity, it is one of the best places to visit in January.
- Places to Visit in Jim Corbette: Corbette Museum, Corbett Falls, Sitabani Temple, Jim Corbette National Park, Wildlife Art Gallery.
- Things to Do in Jim Corbette: Sightseeing, River Rafting, Jungle Safari, Expedition.
- How to Reach: By Air, By Road
- Ideal Duration to Stay: 2 days
- Where to Stay: The Golden Tusk, Club Mahindera Corbett, Manu Maharani Resort & Spa, The Solluna Resort.
Being a traveler, if exploring tranquil, and peaceful destinations is your aim, you must plan to visit Chikmagalur. It is serene serenity and charming environment will woo the hearts of travelers. A wonderful place away from the hustle and bustle of the big cities, having biggie mountains, adventurous trekking trails, Jaw-dropping waterfalls, and a lush-green atmosphere will leave you spellbound.
A place that lets you breathe fresh air amidst its scenic beauty, wonderful scenic spots are a welcome retreat for all visitors. Include Chikmagular as the Best Destinations to Visit in January and you will never have to look back.
Amazingly known as the coffee land of Karnataka, this place also attracts brew lovers. Dotted with scenic landscapes, this beautiful tourist destination draws tourists throughout the year.
Loved by honeymoon couples, this chilly destination will leave them in a sheer state of excitement, the moment they land at this place. Walking through the exciting plantations of tea and coffee trees with your hubby will be a majestic experience thronging in your heart.
- Places to Visit in Chikmanglur: Hebbe Falls, Baba Budangiri, Bhadra Wildlife Sanctaury, Kudremukh National Park, Shri Annapurneshwari Temple, Mullayanagiri.
- Things to Do in Chikmanglur: Trekking, Golfing, Tea Plantations, Shopping.
- How to Reach: By air, By Rail, By Road
- Where to Stay: Nextstay Coffee Groove Resort, Maharaja Inn, Sereno Bann Eco Resort, The Barn Resort.
- Ideal Duration to Stay: 2-3 days
The most loving destination of Rajasthan, Udaipur boasts of its natural beauty. Also famous as “ the city of lakes,” this beautiful destination allures visitors with its charming landscapes in the backdrop of Arrivalli Hills. If you love the surreal vicinity of lakes, this is a must-visit place for you. Udaipur is a dose of love for newly-wed couples as it houses the most romantic hotels and ins.
If you love to soak in the glory of the lake water, don’t miss the boat to catch a flight to Udaipur. You will love the aura of this magical place that will offer you so many blissful surroundings. Visiting Udaipur will help you to understand deeply the culture of Rajasthan.
The majestic view of stunning paintings, and beautiful surroundings will give an incessant happiness to your soul. Known as “The Vennins of East” this ultimate destination should be the best destination to visit in January.
- Places to Visit in Udaipur: Lake Pichola, City Palace of Udaipur, Bagore Ki Haveli Museum, Jagdish Temple, Fatehsagar lake.
- Things to Do in Udaipur: Watch the Sunset at Fatehsagar Lake, Go for Wildlife spotting at Fatehsagar Lake, offer prayers at Jagdish temple.
- How to Reach: By rail, By road, By Plane.
- Ideal Duration to Stay: 2 to 3 days
- Where to Stay: Taj Aravali Resort & Spa, Hotel Paras Mahal, Panna Vilas, Raddison Udaipur.
Situated at a distance of just 100 Km from Mumbai, Alibag, or Alibaug is a majestic town. It is one of the most popular weekend getaways from Mumbai. However, if reside in Delhi, or any other place, packing your bags with a long family trip is a great idea. Because Alibaug is just an enthralling destination situated along coastal plains. This amazing destination is extremely popular for its amazing beaches, ancient forts, and adventurous water sports.
If at the beginning of a new year, you want a different treat for you and your family members embark upon an adventurous journey to Alibagh. Filling your heart with an amazing experience, Alibaug stands parallel to the best destinations to visit in January.
If you are an ardent fan of Kolhapuri slippers, along with fresh fruit and vegetables, give a try to this place, and you will love the imperfect life that gives you a bunch of amazing experiences post-travel. So, are you ready to soak in the beauty of wonderful adventures, give this place an honest try?
You are an ardent fan of Kolhapuri slippers, along with fresh fruit and vegetables, give a try to this place, and you will love your imperfect life that gives you a bunch of amazing experience post-travel. So, are you ready to soak in the beauty of wonderful adventures, give this place an honest try.
- Places to Visit in Alibaug: Kulaba Fort, Alibaug Beach, Varsoli Beach, Mandwa Beach, Akshi Beach, Murud Janjira Fort, Siddeshwar Temple.
- Things to Do in Alibaug: Romantic Couple Photoshoot, Jet Ski Riding, Offer prayers at Siddheshwar temple.
- How to Reach: By Rail, By Road, & By air.
- Ideal Duration to Stay: 2-3 days
- Where to Stay: Tropicana Resort & Spa, Dream Paradise Hotel & Villa, Map Resort, Acons Palm Beach, Coconut Ivy Resort.
Do you love to explore the magical cascading waterfalls, an extraordinary sightseeing experience? Feeling like dwelling in the ancient glory of temples, you should ensure quick planning for Coorg as your first trip of the new year. Situated at 900 km above sea level, this is an amazing place with a lush-green atmosphere all around.
If you want a refreshing holiday to overcome the trauma of tedious life, backpacking for Coorg should be your first love. When you visit this place, you will find positive energy all around you. Nestled in the lush-green atmosphere all around, you can enjoy a relaxing holiday with your friends or family members.
Coorg is an exciting place for everyone be it photographers, nature lovers, adventure enthusiasts, and blue-sky lovers. This cool and exciting place has so much to cover in terms of vibrant culture, and dining experience. Going beyond food, it will provide you with the highest quality brew that you can enjoy with a sightseeing experience.
- Places to Visit in Coorg: Abbey Falls, Dubare Elephant camp, Umkerahswar temple, Chilkahol Dam, Kolaba Fort, Nagarhole National Park.
- Things to Do in Coorg: River Rafting, Sightseeing, Explore wildlife at Nagarhole National park.
- How to Reach: By Road.
- Ideal Duration to Stay: 3-4 days.
- Where to Stay: Woodstock resort, the Orange Country, Lazo Coffee Bean Resort, Heritage Resort.
Ooty is a marvelous hill station nestled in the amazing Nilgiri hills. Once known as the summer capital of East India Company, this spectacular hill station is dotted with scenic beauty and many iconic destinations to visit. Blessed with wonderful tea gardens, a lovely waterfall, and windy air, this small hill station attracts the attention of almost every traveler in India. On visiting this place, you will feel mesmerized by the grandeur of the colonial era. This city is naturally abundant with loads of crystal clear lakes, and lush-green sceneries.
This small hill station is popular for its spectacular destinations and amazing viewpoints. Lakes, mountain views, sprawling acres of land, and a blend of different cultures, all these things boast Ooty a great destination. Include this amazing destination if you are planning the list of the best places to visit in January.
Places to Visit in Ooty: Ooty Lake, Emerald Lake, Avalanche Lake, Government Rose Garden, Deer Park.
Things to Do in Ooty: Enjoy the journey of a toy train, Jungle Safari, Trekking activities.
How to Reach: By air, By train or By road
Ideal Duration to Stay: 3-4 days
Where to Stay: Olive Pleasent Stays, Beverlee Villa, Paradise Perfect, Rainbow Cottages.
Gokarna is a great tourist destination that has been nestled in spirituality. Gokarna, etymologically translated as cow’s year carries the utmost spiritual importance. This place is dotted with ancient temples. If you love pristine beaches and spectacular landscapes, visiting Gokarna will give you a one-of-a-kind experience. If you are in quest of a place that is far away from the hustle and bustle of the city, Gokarna is the must-visit place for you.
Entering this place will fill you with a sanctum of relaxation and salvation. The oldest temples of the ancient Indian culture fill your heart with spiritual retreats. Visiting Gokarna is a wonderful blessing for beach lovers as they can soak themselves in the aura of clear water and amazing sand shores.
Tourists all over the world pay a visit to this tourist destination. Because of its attractions, you must include this place in the list of the best places to visit in January.
- Places to Visit in Gokarana: OM beach, Paradise Beach, Mahabaleshwar temple, Koodle Beach, Half Moon Beach, Gokarna Beach
- Things to do in Gokarna: Sightseeing, trekking, cave exploration, bumping, offer prayers to God.
- How to Reach Gokarna: Take a flight, train, bus, or Taxi.
- Where to Stay in Gokarna: Namaste Cafe, Sanskruti Resort, OM beach road, Viraj Valley.
- Ideal Duration to Stay: 2-3 days
If you love places of spiritual importance and want to seek the blessings of God by visiting a Hindu Pilgrimage, you can’t take off your eyes from Varanasi. A place where people love to take a bath is the Holi Ganga River, a river of holistic importance. As Varanasi is a silk weaving center, tourists can’t overlook the commercial importance of this majestic place.
This city is famous for its “Paan”, you may remember the song on hearing “Pan”- “Khaiyke pan banaras wala, khul gaya band akal ka tala.” Apart from its spiritual importance, this wonderful city has given birth to many famous writers. “ Bhartendu Harishchand, and Munshi Prem Chand” are some names to quote in this list. Without even thinking again, include this place in your bucket list of the best places to visit in January.
- Places to Visit in Varanasi: Ganges River, Banaras Ghat, Assi Ghats, Manikarna Ghat, Shri Kashi Vishwanath Temple, Ganga Aarti, Sankat Mohan Temple.
- Things to Do in Varansai: Boating rides in the Ganges River, Strolling at the Ghats, and consuming Varanasi Sweets.
- Where to Stay: Varanasi Kashi Hotel Ashram Dharmshala, Raddison Hotel Varanasi, Hotel Golden Crown, Mad Squad Hotel Varanasi.
- How to Reach: You can reach by air, rail, or bus. It has two railway stations Varanasi Junction and Mughal Sarai Junction.
- Ideal Duration to Stay: 2-3 days
We hope you will plan a holiday in the first month of the new year. These places will quench your thirst for travel. You will experience beautiful treasures when visiting this wonderful place. Kickstart your new year with memories of happiness and blissfulness. We wish you a great travel experience in January.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. Which place is the best in January?
Ans. Depending on your interest, you can select any place that suits you best. However, in January, visiting Andaman & Nicobar, Udaipur, Ooty, Coorg, Jim Corbett National Park, & Cities like Alibaugh will give you a mesmerizing experience.
Q2. Which country is the best time to visit in January?
Ans. India, a country with cultural diversity, is the best time to visit in January.
Q3. Which is the coldest place in India in January?
Ans. Dras is the coldest place in India in January. The temperature rises to the level of -45 degrees Celsius.